Industry: Handmade | Knitwear | Fashion
International Business + Retail Strategy | Content + Visual Marketing | Public Relations
Owned by the leading Australian Agribusiness Company, ICM, Pear Tree Yarn launched its unique fiber Australian blends, milled in Australia with a fresh, natural color palette and contemporary yarns, giving new life and character to fashion and hand knitted garments.
- Re-launch the company and its product lines into the $5 billion dollar “handmade” market.
- Advance, reinforce and exploit the company’s commitment to building a unique Australian farm-to-fashion story.
- Devised and conducted business and retailer assessment and market analyses.
- Leveraged analysis results to build a brand strategy and story that reflected a contemporary, modern, and classic aesthetic that emphasized the client’s unique story.
- Built supporting marketing & sales goals, visual + digital media campaigns and communications programs; devised appropriate content to drive integrated sales and marketing in Australia, Europe, and the U.S.
- Planned and executed re-branding campaign targeted at retailers, consumers and media.
- Planned and executed an Australian media tour of client facilities.
Launched and managed business for the client in the U.S. Company quickly established itself as an emerging leader in handmade and knitwear fashion. Trisha Malcom of Vogue Knitting lauded the client’s impressive efforts to bring back an industry to Australia. Client won the approval of the farm-to-fashion movement within retailer and consumer channels.
Featured work are samples of integrated marketing, communication and sales product and retailer marketing programs. For samples of business and market strategy please contact me directly. Work executed while working for Peartree Yarn.